Dessert in under five minutes! This paleo banana pineapple coconut mug cake is simple, quick, and packed with a variety of flavor – no sweeteners needed. When a decadent baked dessert is calling your name, try this healthy (and super quick) treat instead.
Nap time = the best time. I love moments with my boys when we hit up the park on a sunny morning, or head to open gym at our local gymnastics organization, and playing trains for hours while breaking up toy wars between the two. But once 1pm hits and we’ve smashed lunch, potty, and possibly a change of clothes, it’s time for a mommy break!
I’m not gonna lie, usually around this time I’m also feelin’ the need for a little post-lunch treat to congratulate myself for powering through half the day despite my 5 hours and 40 minutes of sleep the night before.
Paleo banana pineapple coconut mug cake to the rescue. Just a few simple ingredients and a microwave makes MAGIC.
And no sugar, honey, or maple syrup needed to sweeten! The natural sweetness of the banana, with the juicy pineapple, and decadent toasted coconut combines so beautifully and tastes amazing in this mini cake in a mug.
It’s a healthy dessert my little ones love just as much as their momma, and a treat I don’t mind giving to them anytime they request. Not to mention it take just over 2 minutes to cook in the microwave and basically the same amount of time to prep. HELLO – it’s a cake recipe right up my ally!
Toasting the coconut is optional, but oh MAN does pump up the flavor profile like 8 million times over. For me it’s a no brainer. Plus all that leftover toasted coconut is perfection when sprinkled over apples slices with almond butter. No coconut goes to waste here!
And the riper the banana, the better! Don’t be afraid of those dark ugly ones. They’re the bessssst.
The mug cake of all mugs cakes people. You MUST try this paleo banana pineapple coconut mug cake asap!Print
Paleo Banana Pineapple Coconut Mug Cake
This paleo banana pineapple coconut mug cake is a healthy, naturally sweetened, grain free treat made in under 5 minutes!
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons pineapple tidbits
- 1 heaping tablespoon shredded unsweetened coconut
- Mash the ripe banana with the back of a fork and add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix well
- Add the remaining ingredients, mixing until combined, then pour into a microwave-safe mug
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes 15 seconds. Time may fluctuate depending on how powerful your microwave is. The batter will rise well over the mug but will flatten once removed from the microwave
- Top with additional pineapple tidbits and coconut if desired. Let cool before consuming
- If toasting the coconut beforehand, spread the shredded coconut evenly on a baking sheet and place into the oven on broil for a few minutes, just until slightly golden. Watch carefully – the coconut could burn quickly