Snacky snack snnnaaaack time! I admit, healthy snacks are not always easy to find, and getting creative with them can be a challenge. But these 4 ingredient coconut pistachio clusters are a perfect way to slay the snack attack, in a squeaky clean way!
I get asked often, “what are some healthy snack ideas?” and I’m always a little stumped. On one hand, I have a ton of ideas, on the other hand, they’re all ideas everyone has heard of a million, billion times.
Nut butter and apples slices √ Sliced veggies √ Homemade trail mix √ blah blah blah we’ve all heard them/seen them/tried them.
And don’t even get me started on packaged food – I mean yeah, I stock up on that stuff too. But those bars/crackers/snack packs get old too. Not to mention expensive. That’s why when I created these 4 ingredient coconut pistachio clusters I gave myself a big ‘ol high five.
Snack rut no more!!
These healthy, paleo clusters are re-donkously easy and customizable too! I loved adding a little bittersweet kick of of raw cacao nibs, but the possibilities are never ending. Mini chocolate chips will do too. Want to add sliced almonds? Go for it. Freeze-dried fruit? I dig it. A few spoonfuls of honey to sweeten it all a bit? By all means!
These 4 ingredient coconut pistachio clusters have such a unique combo of toasted coconut and a hint if nuttiness from the pistachios, but are not sweet. Which is kinda why I dig them. My sugar dragon yields its ugly head enough, so I didn’t feel the need to sweeten these healthy snacks with anything. BUT if you need a little sweet or trying to gradually wean off the sugar, I highly recommend adding a few tablespoons of raw honey or pure maple syrup. Especially if you’re planning to serve these clusters to picky kiddos!
I love the crunch, love the simplicity, and love the ability to make these 4 ingredient coconut pistachio clusters in VERY little time. These will most definitely be going down as my go-to healthy summer snacking staple!
If you’re looking for an easy, portable snack that paleo dreams are made of, this is it. Make ’em, break ’em, devour ’em.
And when you’re looking for more healthy snacking ideas, try these Matcha Energy Bites, Crispy Instant Pot Plantain Chips, 3 Ingredient Paleo Blueberry Bliss Balls, and these Almond Cocoa Mocha Balls too!Print
4 Ingredient Coconut Pistachio Clusters
- 2 cups raw, unsweetened coconut chips
- 3/4 cups raw pistachios
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs (or sub with mini chocolate chips)
- 2 large egg whites
- *Optional: 2 tablespoons honey or maple if a sweeter snack is desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and place into the preheated oven. Watch the coconut closely, baking for 4-5 minutes until lightly toasted
- Remove the coconut from the baking sheet and let cool slightly
- Beat the egg whites for 2 minutes until frothy
- Add the toasted coconut, pistachios, cacao nibs and mix well. Add sweetener of choice if desired
- Spread the mixture evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet, pressing the mixture down slightly once spread
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool before breaking into clusters
These healthy snacks are packed with toasted coconut and nutty pistachio flavor – but they are not sweet. If a sweet treat is desired, add a sweetener of choice like honey or maple syrup when mixing the contents with the whisked egg whites.