An eggless, paleo, Whole30 breakfast with just a handful of ingredients! These 4 ingredient turkey plantain breakfast sausages are a quick and simple way to pack a punch lean protein to the start of the day.
Guys, I could eat eggs for every meal, for the rest of my life. But I feel for those peeps that are all, “OMG no more eggsssss! Pa-LEASE give me some eggless breakfast options!!!”
I empathize with my eggless friends, I don’t always understand them, but I try.
Eggs are my besties. We go together like Jack and Rebecca, like yoga pants and messy buns, like mommying and wine. So when I made these 4 ingredient turkey plantain breakfast sausages and started eating ’em more often than scarfing eggs per my usual morning routine, I felt kind of like a traitor.
Like Miguel (ok in fairness, we don’t know if he’s a trader…yet). Like jeans (who even wears those things anymore?). Like sipping on water after a day of epic tantrums.
But if eggs had mouths and try these 4 ingredient turkey plantain breakfast sausages, pretty sure they’d be convinced too. Because although I love eggs, a really love plantains too.
The combination of ripened plantains, a spritz of lime juice, and lean ground turkey is such a delight of flavors for breakfast (or lunch, or dinner if we’re being honest), it’s entirely possible you’ll slam three and still want more. Not that I’m talking from experience or anything….
I pretty much love everything about this Whole30 compliant, eggless breakfast because they are as easy to make as one-click online shopping is after a rough day. They’re as simple as mindlessly watching The Real Housewives and realizing it’s already 11:30pm. They’re as tasty as triple chocolate cake (ok that might be a stretch, but I think you get the picture).
And yes, these protein-packed breakfast sausages are only four ingredients. Let me rephrase, technically six ingredients, but who really counts salt and pepper as ingredients? That’s like saying coffee requires water and coffee grounds – I mean, duh.
And yes, you can make a huge batch of these and keep in the refrigerator all week. Or better yet, freeze for later! Perfect for busy mornings and busy mommies. I love these just as much as I love my 4 ingredient pumpkin breakfast sausages (and I thought that couldn’t be done). Luckily, these plantain and turkey sausages are in season year round.
These no-fuss 4 ingredient turkey plantain breakfast sausages are the perfect way to power through your Whole30, plan your clean-eating breakfasts for the week, throw together for a quick and delicious lunch, or serve as a side WITH your morning eggs. The possibilities are endless.
Eggless breakfasts your gig? Then be sure to also try these Whole30 smoky sweet potato zucchini burgers, 4 ingredient pumpkin breakfast sausages, apple sweet potato brussels breakfast hash, healthy breakfast banana boats, and this balsamic ground turkey and apple hash, or check out this portable paleo breakfast ideas post for more inspiration!Print
4 Ingredient Turkey Plantain Breakfast Sausages
This easy paleo & Whole30 breakfast is the perfect recipe for delicious breakfast sausages to eat now and reheat for later!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 10 sausage patties 1x
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium ripe yellow plantain
- 3 tablespoons diced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- *Optional: cilantro to garnish
- Start by cutting the ends off the plantain and peeling the skin off. If the plantain is ripe enough, the skin should peel off easily. If not, slice the peel off with a knife
- Place the plantain into a small food processor or mini chopper and pulse just a few times, until slightly creamy yet leaving a few small chunky pieces. Do not over process.
- Combine the plantain mixture, ground turkey, lime juice, diced onions, salt, and pepper. Mix well
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet to medium-high and scoop 1/4 cup of the turkey mixture and form into a patty. Place each patty into the hot pan, working in batches
- Cook the turkey sausages 3-4 minutes, then flip to cook an additional 3-4 minutes, until the sausages are done throughout
- Serve with chopped cilantro if desired