Do you ever have those to-do’s that ALWAYS stay on your list? I have like thirty. Including “send s0-and-so a wedding gift” and “schedule dentist appointment”. These are things that I REALLY need to do. But I’m happy I finally checked off the “make and post the turmeric balsamic beef over roasted red pepper” recipe. It’s one I’ve been meaning to share for months!
The original recipe to this dish is included in the 30-days of Whole30 Meal Planner I offered earlier this year. Have you snagged yours yet? If not, you need to sign up to get your FREE meal planner with daily recipes and coinciding grocery lists!
Simply enter your information here and watch for an email with a link to download your 30-days worth of goodies.
I made a few changes this time around by adding some shredded kale and upping the balsamic a bit to get all that flavor infused into the kale. This dish is a perfect example of being able to add whatever healthy components you want for that extra nutrient boost.
Initially I never intended to post this recipe for the sheer reason that it’s kinda ugly. It’s HARD to make ugly food look great in photos. The struggle is real people. But after so many rave reviews from those that tried this meal in the Whole30 meal planning guide, I knew I needed to suck it up and cross off another thing on my t0-do list: make the impossible photo possible.
Ok so maybe this isn’t something you’d see and immediately start drooling. Foodporn can be a hard title to obtain. But TRUST me when I tell you the flavor in this dinner is out of this world. Ground turmeric with tangy balsamic infused into ground beef on top of sweet roasted red peppers is an amazing, family-pleasing dish that is low-carb, paleo, and Whole30 compliant.
The best part (aside from the fact that it’s made with ingredients that won’t break that bank)? It’s a 20-minute meal. TWENTY minutes from prep to plated. I can’t get anything on my to-do list accomplished in 20 minutes, yet I can make an entire meal my family will devour.
Soooo whatdoya say? Have I persuaded you to try this turmeric balsamic beef over roasted red peppers? Have I, have I? Add it to your meal plan this week. It’s a simple to-do you’ll be glad you DID and ATE and LICKED THE PLATE afterwards. Then hop on your ‘lil tablet or phone and be sure to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest!
Time Saver Tip
Combine the dried basil, salt and turmeric into a small bowl. Dice the garlic cloves and chop the kale, then store each in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to make dinner!
- 2-4 large red bell peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1½ cups shredded kale
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 1/12 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- *Optional: 4 tablespoons pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- In a large saucepan, brown ground beef over medium/high heat and drain any excess grease. This should take roughly 5 minutes
- Add the shredded kale and minced garlic. Stir well until kale starts to wilt
- Add the balsamic vinegar, dried basil, turmeric powder, salt and mix well
- Once oven is preheated, turn off the temperature and turn the broiler on high. Slice bell peppers in half and place the peppers on greased baking sheet, cut side down
- Broil 10-15 minutes or until the peppers soft and the skin is slightly blackened
- Let cool slightly then gently peel off the skin
- As an option, pour 4 tablespoons of pine nuts on the baking sheet and place into the oven as it's cooling down, about 5 minutes. Garnish with toasted pine nuts
- Serve beef mixture over roasted red peppers (1/2 pepper per serving)