Some things in life need shortcuts. Not like directions or one-hour dry cleaning – like REAL shortcuts. True life hacks if you will. Heck, mom life as a whole needs one big, easy shortcut. I can’t solve all of life’s crazy and chaotic moments, but I can give you some killer shortcuts to make this super tasty Whole30 Tuscan chicken spaghetti squash.
Getting ready for bed – is anyone with me when I say it’s a chore? Like, I’m exhausted (by 8:15) and I just want to have my jammies on, teeth brushed, makeup off (ok let’s be real, I rarely touch makeup these days), and creams/potions/lotions applied. Sometimes the thought of starting the process to begin my nightly decompressing seems daunting. UGH where is the shortcut? Falling face first on to the pillow without my p.m. rituals isn’t an option.
Or what about getting the kids out the door? LORD HELP ME. The whole thing takes like an hour. What is up with that? I should be able to put little shoes on little feet, grab the diaper bag, and just go. But NOPE. One needs a diaper change, the other needs a diaper change. Don’t forget the snacks. I need to grab the sunscreen/sippy cup/sedatives (kidding). A process that needs a shortcut.
Luckily this Whole30 Tuscan chicken spaghetti squash gives me a doable shortcut that makes mom life easier. Spaghetti squash can be a bear to make (just takes so much time). But adding a few extra steps to cook this in the microwave can cut this 60+ minute meal in half.
AND adding Vital Proteins Collagen not only adds extra protein, but essential amino acids – aiding in protection of healthy bones and joints. Plus collagen is shown to improve gut health and is a key component for healthy hair, skin, and nails. Adding all that good stuff with just a few scoops? Major shortcut win! Two shortcuts in one dish? Believe it to be true my friend. This whole30 tuscan chicken spaghetti squash only has six simple ingredients plus the addition of power-food collagen powder.
My family devoured this. DE-VOU-RED. And we even had leftovers the next day which meant I had a bomb dot com lunch that took seconds to reheat. PS Microwaves are the best shortcuts ever.
Whole30 Tuscan Chicken Spaghetti Squash
For the traditional method of roasting spaghetti squash, cut the squash horizontally and scoop out all the seeds. Place face down in a roasting dish with 2 inches of water and bake at 375 degrees for 35-45 minutes. For the shortcut method (heck yeah), keep reading…
Score the spaghetti squash horizontally, cutting about 1/2 inch through the skin (not all the way through). Then poke the squash all over, creating small cuts with the knife.
Place in the microwave for 5 minutes. Remove (use oven mitts – it will be HOT), and follow the score line to completely cut the squash in half.
Scoop out all the seeds, then place the squash face down in a microwave-safe dish and add 2 inches of water. Microwave again for 5-7 minutes, until the squash is soft enough to shred with a fork (it should look like spaghetti when shredded). You may have to do this in two batches, for each half of the squash.
Shred all the squash and place into a large mixing bowl. Add the shredded chicken, drained sun-dried tomatoes, and basil. In a separate bowl, combine three eggs, coconut cream, salt, and collagen. Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides are flavorless – so you won’t even taste all those amazing benefits! Whisk well and add to the spaghetti squash mix. Mix until combined.
Pour the mixture into an 8×8 baking dish and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Garnish with more fresh basil and enjoy this Whole30 Tuscan chicken spaghetti squash dinner!
Shortcuts and recipe hacks your favorite things? Then you NEED to check out this 30 Whole30 hacks while you’re scheming all the ways to make life easier.
Time Saver Tip
Make chicken thighs or breast in the crockpot the night before. Simply add the chicken to the pot, pour in stock, and let cook 4-6 hours. Shred with a fork and refrigerate for later. To save even more time, cook the spaghetti squash beforehand, shred, and store in the refrigerator. Then combine all the ingredients once you are ready to bake. This meal refrigerates and reheats well if making the entire dish the day before.
Whole30 Tuscan Chicken Spaghetti Squash
- Yield: 4-6
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 2/3 c sun dried-tomatoes packed in oil (drained)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon full-fat coconut milk
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- If roasting spaghetti squash in the oven, cut the squash horizontally and scoop out the seeds. Pour 2 inches of water in a baking dish, then place the cut side of the squash in the pan and cook for 35-45 minutes
- If making the spaghetti squash in the microwave, score the squash horizontally with a sharp knife – cutting roughly 1/2 deep. Spear small cut marks around the entire squash then microwave for 5 minutes
- Using oven mitts, remove the squash from the microwave and finish cutting the squash in half. Scoop out the seeds. Place cut side of the squash in a baking dish with 2 inches of water and microwave for another 5-7 minutes (you may need to do each side separately to fit into the microwave). Shred the softened squash with a fork to create spaghetti-looking noodles
- In a large bowl, add the shredded squash, chicken, drained sun-dried tomatoes, and basil
- In a separate bowl, crack the eggs and add the coconut milk and collagen. Whisk
- Pour the egg mixture into the spaghetti squash and mix well. Then pour the entire mixture into a greased 8×8 baking dish
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve immediately or let cool and refrigerate to reheat later
This post is sponsored by the awesome people at Vital Proteins. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting Physical Kitchness!