The perfectly healthy comfort meal with squeaky clean ingredients. This Whole30 roasted grape ground turkey stuffed acorn squash looks like a complex dinner, but it’s SO easy to make! A beautiful array of flavors and textures the whole family will love. Kids too!
Adulting is weird. Sometimes I swear I have an out of body experience when I’m doing ‘adult’ things – wondering, “is this what I’m really doing?”. Especially when it comes to mommying. Like, when did I become responsible for two little people? The whole thing kind of baffles me.
Look, I know about the birds and the bees and how babies come in to the world and all that jazz. But sometimes I’m a little fuzzy on how I went from a fun, single girl in her early 20’s to this…mom thing. And despite my non-impecible sense of personal hygiene, my embarrassingly messy house, and the thousands of avocado/sweet potato/ketchup/applesauce stains on my yoga pants, I wouldn’t trade it FOR ANYTHING. But clearly I could use some help ‘adulting’.
Silver lining – I’m no expert on ‘how to be an adult’ but I feel like I’ve got the cooking thing down. So there’s that….
And I totally got the ‘healthy fall comfort food’ thing down with this Whole30 roasted grape ground turkey stuffed acorn squash. The combo of savory ground turkey and roasted acorn squash with juicy roasted grapes is like ying and yang, peas and carrots, Brad and Angelina.
Oh wait, I meant Brad and single-man-hotness. Sorry Angie.
That’s another thing about adulting – you’re celebrity crushes evolve. To be completely honest with you, Brad was all hot crushable in Ocean’s 12, but these days I can say with 110% certainly I’d take Chip Gains over Brad. It’s all about the personality ladies! Give me that dad bod with all the charm over chiseled abs. Can I get a witness?!
Luckily you don’t have to compromise with this Whole30 roasted grape ground turkey stuffed acorn squash recipe – it has it all. Beautiful presentation (looks), complex and unique textures (charm), and outstanding flavor (loves you even when you wear a mouth guard to bed).
Yes, I grind my teeth at night…ok?
If that hasn’t sold you, how about a perfectly balanced meal with little prep and a breeze to make for all cooking levels. It’s the perfect fall meal the whole family will love (toddlers included)!
Time to get your Whole30 comfort food on with this unique stuffed acorn squash recipe and a few others here: Paleo Tomato Basil Beef Goulash with Eggplant, Whole30 Tuscan Chicken Spaghetti Squash, Meaty Marinara Eggs and Squash, Potato and Fennel Baked Chicken Casserole, Whole30 Zoodle Minstrone Soup.Print
Whole30 Roasted Grape Ground Turkey Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- 1 large acorn squash
- 3/4 cup purple or red grapes
- 1–2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice the acorn squash in half and remove the seeds with a spoon. Coat the cut sides of the squash lightly with olive oil
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, place the squash cut side down
- Lightly coat the grapes in olive oil and arrange them around the squash
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 35 minutes
- Meanwhile, brown the ground turkey in a large pan over medium-high heat and add the diced onions and minced garlic. Drain any excess grease
- Turn the heat down and add the dried sage, salt, and balsamic. Mix well
- Once squash and grapes are finished cooking, remove the baking sheet from the oven. Add the roasted grapes to the pan of ground turkey.
- Scoop the ground turkey and grapes into the hallowed halves of the squash. Serve immediately