These stuffed sweet potato burritos are an easy meal made in minutes, and paleo + Whole30 compliant! Savory stuffed sweet potatoes with shredded chicken, cauliflower rice, and any addition of your choice. It’s the perfect healthy way to get your burrito fix.
We’ve lived in a lot of places. A lot of cool places – the upside of marrying a military dude.
So naturally when people ask me what the coolest, yummiest, best places to eat in any given city we live, I have a laundry list of options right?!
Having a two and four year old and life as a military family roughing the world on our own means we rarely get out of date night. So that million-dollar question about the restaurant hot spots? Yeah, I got nothin’
We don’t ‘go out’ much. But we do go to Chipotle…so there’s that.
A burrito, a sweet potato, and a tired mom walks into a bar.
Actually there’s no punch line to that joke, but there are stuffed sweet potato burritos
Burritos never tasted so good and sweet potatoes never got so…functional. Who’da’thunk you could turn a sweet potato into a salsa verde shredded chicken, cilantro and lime cauliflower rice burrito?!
Stuffed Sweet Potato Burritos
This is a perfect paleo + Whole30 lunch or dinner packed with all the goodies traditional burritos pack, and room for customizable options too! Feeling back beans? Do it. Diced tomatoes? Love it. Guacamole? Big fan.
These stuffed sweet potato burritos mean our Chipotle dinners might be on the back burner for awhile. And I’m ok with that.
Hey, maybe that means we might save some dough to actually go on a date night! Oh wait, the babysitter thing. Annnnyway….
You can even assemble your stuffed sweet potato burritos beforehand and reheat when ready (if using tinfoil to wrap, make sure you remove that before microwaving).
And this meal is SO DARN EASY. Just microwave your ‘tater, gut out the inside (save the glorious mash for a side dish later), and stuff it with all the fixins. You’ll have a delicious, nutritious lunch or dinner on the table in mindsets you guys. It’s a game changer.
Enjoy these unusual burritos and be sure to try a few other easy eats like this Paleo Deconstructed Burger Bowl, Easy Sheet Pan BLT Chicken, Sheet Pan Flank Steak with Onions & Asparagus, and these Bacon Mushroom Chipotle Turkey Meatballs.
Stuffed Sweet Potato Burritos
These paleo + Whole30 compliant stuffed sweet potato burritos are a healthy meal made in minutes. Pack with your favorite fixings!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 1-2 servings
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/4 cup cauliflower rice
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- juice of 1/2 small lime
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons salsa verde
- 1 small handful fresh cilantro
- Wash and pat dry the sweet potato, then slit a few times with a sharp knife
- Place into the microwave for 6-8 minutes, until insides are soft enough to scoop out
- Cut sweet potato in half and gently scoop out the insides, leaving a a small amount of sweet potato around the inside perimeter of the skin. Save the leftover sweet potato mash for a separate meal if desired
- Pour the cauliflower rice in a small saucepan and add olive oil. Sauté over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, until cauliflower is soft. Squeeze lime juice over the cauliflower rice and mix. Add salt to taste then remove from heat until ready to assemble
- Reheat the shredded chicken and add the salsa verde. Mix well
- Layer two tablespoons cauliflower rice in each half of the burrito, then top with salsa verde shredded chicken and fresh cilantro
- Serve or wrap in foil and reheat for later (removing foil if microwaving)
Add any additions or substitutions as desired: diced tomatoes, guacamole, olives, beans, corn, red onions, etc