An easy and fresh dinner option perfect for people who love big flavor and quality ingredients. This peri peri chicken salad is made with Foster Farms® Simply Raised® No Antibiotics Ever Free Range Chicken. This healthy meal that can be thrown together in just minutes, making grocery runs to Albertsons is easier than ever before!
Peri Peri Chicken Salad
I’m sitting on the beach with a laptop in my lap trying to decide what to write.
It’s officially summer—which means lots and lots of things. But in my world, it’s toes in the sand, sidewalk chalk, water balloon afternoons, and throw-together kind of dinners. Cause summertime = low key and low key is just how I prefer life to be.
Then, like all summers that lead into fall, my throw-together dinner life continues plow through September and October because I still just can’t seem to get my act together enough to actually meal plan like the boss that I am in the winter.
It’s sort of like the circle of life. Kinda..?
One thing is 110% certain regardless of the time of year—I am a master grocery shopper and I grocery shop often. And chicken is like air in our house. I wish I could have some sort of cute or funny analogy to go along with those statements but I do not. They are just facts of life.
That’s why when I head to my local Albertsons store, I make absolutely sure I have Foster Farms® Simply Raised® No Antibiotics Ever Free Range Chicken in my cart.
Another (important) fact…using Albertsons mobile app means I save moolah and know exactly what items are on sale. Download the app for yourself to save on groceries today and get a free recipe ebook, too!
High Quality Ingredients
Foster Farms® Simply Raised® No Antibiotics Ever Free Range Chicken is always fresh, never frozen so I don’t have to wonder if I’m getting dried-out meat from some random place I haven’t heard of. This California family owned and managed business makes sure quality is priority and their free-range chickens are roamin’ around and happy!
So when I’m hitting up Albertsons (mad shoutout to their clean, organized stores all over the US), I head straight to the refrigerated meat section and look for the light green color over anything else.
If I don’t have chicken in my cart, we don’t live. Ok, that’s a stretch but you get the gist. And when I’m ready to roll, throwing together easy and healthy meals without much effort (because actually having the time to shower and blow dry my hair is effort enough), I make this peri peri chicken salad.
Simple & Savory Chicken Marinade
I luuuuuurv marinating Foster Farms® Simply Raised® No Antibiotics Ever Free Range Chicken breasts in olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic, dried oregano, and lime juice for flavor that is seriously knock-your-socks-off good.
Then, add these perfectly cooked, perfectly juicy chicken breasts on a bed of fresh arugula, crunchy cucumbers, creamy hummus and a few chickpeas to boot. It’s simply perfection for people that like perfect but don’t want to put work into perfect (you know what I’m sayin’?)
Easy to Reheat for Leftovers
Not only is this peri peri chicken salad meal 110% easy and bombtastic, it can be assembled and served for tomorrow’s lunch too!
So there’s basically no reason NOT to make this asap.
Want to make this meal even better? Try this no-bean roasted carrot hummus to serve along the side!Print
Peri Peri Chicken Salad
An easy, healthy meal with simple ingredients and big flavor. This Peri Peri Chicken Salad comes together in just minutes!
- Prep Time: 24 hours
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Total Time: 24 hours 16 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
- 1 package Foster Farms® Simply Raised® No Antibiotics Ever Free Range Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 2 cucumbers, sliced and cut into fourths
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2/3 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 2–3 tablespoons hummus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1/2 large lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Remove chicken breasts from the package and set on a cutting board or flat surface. Place plastic wrap over the top and gently pound chicken with a heavy, flat object (like the back of a pan or a meat mallet) to ensure chicken thickness is at an even consistently of 1″ thick
- Combine the olive oil, lime juice, smoked paprika, dried oregano, salt, and garlic. Mix well, then pour over the chicken breasts and marinade in the refrigerator overnight
- Turn grill to medium/high (roughly 425 degrees)
- Place marinaded chicken breasts on the grill and cover. Cook for 8 minutes, then flip to cook an additional 8 minutes. The thickest part of the chicken should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit on a meat thermometer.
- As the chicken is cooking, arrange the salad by adding the arugula to a large bowl and topping with the diced cucumbers, sliced red onion, and chickpeas. Leave room on the side for the sliced chicken breasts and dollop 2-3 tablespoons of hummus in the center
- Once chicken is done cooking, let rest for a 2-3 minutes, then slice evenly. Add the sliced chicken to the salad
- To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Mix well then drizzle over top and serve
*Be sure to download the Albertsons mobile app to save on groceries and locate your nearest store to purchase Foster Farms® Simply Raised® No Antibiotics Ever Free Range Chicken Breasts
Patti Peri says
My last name is Peri, so this recipe must be meant for me! Caught my eye..looks delicious!