Pan fried crispy potatoes made in just minutes! This paleo + Whole30 recipe has just a few simple ingredients and major flavor. Fry ’em up in just minutes, straight on your stovetop. This side dish is crispy, salty, and delicious – perfect for ANY meal.
This girl grew up on taters. So it pains me when people say “no white potatoes” in their diet.
Like, WHAT?! Are you from Mars? White potatoes are awesome – and even more so as these pan-fried crispy potatoes.
Don’t get me wrong, sweet potatoes are my jam too. I use them all the time in recipes like these paleo sweet potato tortillas, warm kale & chicken caesar salad stuffed sweet potatoes, meatless buffalo burgers, stuffed sweet potato burritos, and this sweet potato quinoa moroccan salad.
But white potatoes get no love these days, and I’m about to change that right now!
Paleo + Whole30 Pan Fried Crispy Potatoes
These pan fried crispy potatoes are a paleo and Whole30 compliant side dish I make on the regular. Add them as a side to steak and garlic mushrooms, throw them down with scrambled eggs in the morning, or pair with a simple grilled chicken breast and BBQ sauce. Easy peasy.
My kiddos go cray cray when they see these ‘taters on their plates – it’s like french fries but way healthier (and tastier).
They key is in the crisp factor. If they aren’t crispy, we don’t eat ’em. It’s the important things in life. Make sure you cut them small enough to fry up quickly – we want small ‘lil cubes here!
I love these salty cubes of deliciousness, dusted with a little onion powder and dried dill too. The flavor is out of this world!
How to make crispy potatoes
First, add ghee to a large, oven-safe pan. You could use a high smoke point oil like avocado or coconut oil, but ghee gives these cubed potatoes major flavor so that’s what I suggest. Grass-fed butter will do too!
Let them fry up for about 3 minutes before flipping them in the pan. They should already start to take on a nice golden color.
You’ll flip a few more times before adding the salt, onion powder, and dried dill. Then transfer to the oven to finish! I love using my Cast Iron Skillet set for this recipe.
Now grab that spud, give it some love, and never swear off white potatoes ever again!
Pan Fried Crispy Potatoes (paleo + Whole30)
These paleo + Whole30 compliant pan fried crispy potatoes are made in just minutes! Simple, salty, and fried to the perfect crispness!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 large russet potato
- 1 tablespoon ghee *see notes for substitution
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/4 teaspoon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to the broiler setting, or 500 degrees
- Peel the potato and dice into small cubes, roughly 1″
- Heat a medium pan or cast iron skillet on high heat and add the ghee
- Once ghee is hot (pro tip: splash a tiny amount of water inside the pan. If you hear a sizzle, it’s ready), add the potatoes to the pan, evenly spaced
- Fry the potatoes for 3 minutes
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and flip the potatoes to fry another 3 minutes
- Flip potatoes once again and fry for 3 more minutes. If potatoes are starting to burn slightly, add a bit more ghee
- Turn down the heat slightly to medium-high and toss the potatoes another 2-3 minutes
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the dill, onion powder and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, then transfer the pan to the oven
- Cook for another additional 5 minutes until potatoes are golden and crispy
- Add more salt to taste if desired
*you can sub the ghee grass-fed bitter or an oil with high smoke point like avocado or coconut oil
Disclaimer: Please note that there are affiliate links on this page and I will earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. However, all opinions are my own. Thank you for your support.
Leave a Reply