A healthier, chilled treat sure to win over any cheesecake lover! This paleo vegan chocolate chip cheesecake with cocoa crust is a delicious dessert made with simple ingredients. Dairy free, naturally sweetened, and totally decadent.
Stuff like freshly washed sheets, a pair jeans that fit you like a glove, the smell of rain, and of course….
Cheesecake probably trumps all other simple pleasures in life. ESPECIALLY this brownie-like-bottomed chocolate chip cheesecake with berries. Guys. It’s everything.
Can you just imagine take a big ‘ol bite out of this beautiful cake and tantalizing your taste buds with that rich creamy filling, the rich cocoa crush, the chippy and chocolatey surprise inside, and the burst of fresh berries? I know you want it.
Who wouldn’t?! Especially a paleo and vegan version that’s dairy free, naturally sweetened, and perfect for a real-food, gluten free dessert to share during a celebration and having everyone going, “you made this?!?!?!”
Yes, yes I did thank you very much. I made this paleo vegan chocolate chip cheesecake with cocoa crust all by myself (takes a bow)…
Paleo & Vegan Chocolate Chip Cheesecake with Cocoa Crust
The hardest part about making it is sharing it.
This chilled treat is perfect for summer or any celebration throughout the year. A paleo favorite of mine for sure. And it’s time you made it yours too.
I’ll admit that the simple pleasures I mentioned before are great, but this paleo vegan chocolate chip cheesecake with cocoa crust is like MIND BLOWINGLY great. And if you’re a joyful junkie like me, maybe ya just eat this in your freshly washed bedsheets wearing your favorite fitting jeans with your window open to the scent of the rain.
Let’s take it to another level and say your toes are perfectly painted and your favorite show is on TV too.
Wow, did I just describe heaven?! Possibly. If all else fails in this scenario, I have no doubt this healthier, real-food cheesecake is served in heaven on the daily.
Cocoa Pecan Crust
Especially that that rich cocoa crust. Just when you think cheesecake couldn’t get any better WE ADDED MORE CHOCOLATE.
This paleo vegan chocolate chip cheesecake with cocoa crust is made with super simple ingredients (seriously, so simple).
To make that rich filling, start by soaking raw cashews overnight and combine them with pure maple syrup, lemon juice, and coconut milk. All ya gotta do is puree them until smooooooth and creeeeeeamy (just like real cheesecake).
Then fold in the chocolate chips, chill in the refrigerator to set it, and add fresh berries to top!
It’s THE healthier dessert you gotta try as soon as humanly possible.
If life didn’t just get about a billion times better taking a bite of this paleo vegan chocolate chip cheesecake with cocoa crust then I just don’t know what else could make you squeal with delight and do a happy dance. I just don’t my friends.
Customize this healthier dessert all year round by adding pumpkin spice in the batter in the fall, crushed candy canes to top during the holidays, chocolate drizzle during Valentines day, and maybe even a touch of mint extract and blended avocado for a fun St. Patty’s day treat!
The possibilities are endless…
When pureeing the cashews, the mixture might heat up a bit from the power of the food processor. This is normal depending on the appliance. Just make sure to chill it in the fridge a bit to cool it down before adding the chocolate chips to avoid them melting!
If cheesecake is totally your favorite thing on planet earth, then you also have to try this Strawberry and these Guilt-Free Individual Raw Lemon Strawberry Cheesecakes.Print
Paleo & Vegan Chocolate Chip Cheesecake with Cocoa Crust
This paleo and vegan cashew-based chocolate chip cheesecake has a decadent, chocolate pecan crust and is covered with fresh berries.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
For the crust:
- 3 cups halved pecans
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 pinch sea salt
For the cheesecake:
- 3 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (*dairy free or cacao chips)
- 2 cups berries
- To make the chocolate crust, add all of the crust ingredients to a food processor and pulse until the pecans are broken down into crumb sized pieces. The mixture should stick together
- Line a springform pan with parchment paper. Pour the crust mixture into the pan and press it down to form an even layer. Place the springform pan in the fridge while you make the cheesecake filling
- To make the cheesecake filling, drain the soaked cashews. Add them to the food processor with the lemon juice, maple syrup and coconut cream. Process until smooth and creamy, about 3-5 minutes
- After processing, the cashew cheesecake mixture may be warm. Place it in the fridge for about 15 minutes in a separate bowl to cool down before folding in the chocolate chips or they will melt
- Once you’ve folded the chocolate chips into the cheesecake batter, scoop it out and spread evenly over the crust in the spring form pan
- Cover the pan and place back in the fridge for at least 4 hours
- When you’re ready to serve, remove the cheesecake from the pan, gently, and top with fresh berries
When pureeing the cashews, the mixture might heat up a bit from the power of the food processor. This is normal depending on the appliance. Just make sure to chill it in the fridge a bit to cool it down before adding the chocolate chips to avoid them melting
Recipe inspiration by Physical Kitchness. Created and photographed by Miss Allie’s Kitchen