Dishes = bad. Artichokes =good. That why I love this paleo one pot turkey spinach artichoke hash for an easy paleo and Whole30 dinner without a ton of prep or dishes to wash! Using Season & Steam Artichokes from Ocean Mist Farms means this meal comes together in 20 minutes or less, and tastes amazing – packed with artichoke hearts, ground turkey, and a creamy sauce that ties it all together perfectly.
Can you believe we’re rolling into fall already? I can’t, I just can’t. Don’t get me wrong, I’m WELCOMING this fall transition with open arms. Football season, holidays, oh and did I mention my hubby is coming home from deployment? Yes, bring it on fall…I am so ready for you.
It also means all the kiddos in my neighborhood start wearing bright shiny new backpacks in the morning and some sort of sports jersey when they climb out of crumb-covered SUV’s in the evening. My kids watch them in awe (as they are too young for elementary school) and I’m too much of a #badmom to put them in activities yet. Hey, just being honest!
Will I start throwing my soon-to-be four year old in some sort of sport to see if he likes it? Sure. It just won’t be this fall. Because as much as watching a slew of kids chase a ball up and down a soccer field, or watch 38 attempts of swinging and missing at T-ball sounds riveting, I’ll probably save that for the spring.
Mom guilt? Oh it’s there. I’m sure I’m damaging his social skills in some way, or holding him back from excellence. But then I remind myself, he’s THREE, not even four yet. So if he’s not an Olympian by the age of 12, it’s my fault. I’ll take the blame. Fine.
I can’t even imagine adding activities to my busy life as a solo mom right now, so I definitely feel for you ladies in the thick of it – when you get home at 6pm, have no clue what to make for dinner, and dreading the pile of dishes afterwards. <– this is why I’m pretty sure whoever invented the one pot meal was a woman.
Paleo One Pot Turkey Spinach Artichoke Hash
This paleo one pot turkey spinach artichoke hash made with fresh Ocean Mist Farms Season & Steam artichokes is the answer to all my simple dinner dreams. It’s SO simple, easy to assemble, and did I mention just ONE POT to clean? Hallelujah.
This paleo and Whole30 compliant meal comes together in under 20 minutes and perfect for those busy fall evenings after basketball/football/dance/work. If the spinach artichoke combo is kind of your thang, this healthy dinner will steal your heart.
Aside from the fact that you’ll be blown away at how tasty this simple dinner is (yep even without the cheese), I’m pretty sure you’ll be equally amazed how easy cooking fresh artichokes in the microwave is with Ocean Mist Farms Season & Steam artichokes. I’ve said it before, but I’m truly convinced these season & steam products by Ocean Mist Farms are a busy mom’s dream. In seven minutes flat, I’ve got perfectly steamed artichokes to add to this turkey-based meal. Add a few other ingredients (like the amazing sauce to tie it all together) and MAGIC I tell ya.
Serve this paleo one pot turkey spinach artichoke hash with a side of rice or riced vegetables, or heck maybe even a mashed sweet potato and BOOM – done.
Time Saver Tips
Microwave the Ocean Mist Farms Season & Steam artichokes beforehand, then cut out the artichoke hearts and store in the refrigerator until ready to incorporate into the dish.
Love one pot meals? Then check out this Easy Paleo Greek Chicken Skillet, Paleo Chicken Broccoli ‘Cheese’ Skillet, One Pot Creamy Whole30 Mushroom Sage Chicken, and this One Pot Quinoa Chicken Enchilada Skillet.Print
Paleo One Pot Turkey Spinach Artichoke Hash
This Whole3o compliant, paleo one pot turkey spinach artichoke hash is a quick and healthy dinner made in 20 minutes or less. Grain free, dairy free, family friendly!
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 package Ocean Mist Farms Season & Steam artichokes
- 1 leek stalk, sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- Place the Ocean Mist Farms Season & Steam bag into the microwave and cook for 7 minutes. Once the 7 minutes is up, keep the artichokes inside the bag until ready to cut
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan to medium-high heat and add the olive oil and sliced leek. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until leek is soft and fragrant
- Add the ground turkey and brown for 4-5 minutes, until cooked through
- Lower the heat to medium and add the salt, coconut milk, lemon juice nutritional yeast, and chopped spinach. Mix well to incorporate. Add more coconut milk if desired for a creamier dish
- Chop the tops off the artichokes (be careful as they could still be hot) and slice off the stem. Cut the artichokes in half then gently scoop out the fuzzy section inside. Remove the hard, outer leaves until the soft center heart remains. Cut the heart into fourths and add to the pan
- Serve with more nutritional yeast sprinkled over the top if desired
Serve with cauliflower rice or regular rice. Or over a baked russet or sweet potato.