A grain free, dairy free, naturally sweetened spring dessert perfect for entertaining. These paleo lemon basil olive oil mini bundt cakes are simple to make, beautiful to present, and taste heavenly. A healthy dessert your entire dinner crew will love.
Entertaining is not nearly as glamorous as I wished it would be. I watch Ina, marvel at Martha, and love Giada, but I will never have their beautiful tablescapes and gorgeous get-togethers with hand-written invites, perfectly timed courses, and delicate offerings. My entertaining usually involves texting friends something like, “Hey, want to come over for dinner tonight? My house is a pit but if you bring wine, I’ll make the food. Oh and pack extra undies in case one of the kids pees his/her pants.”
Just because ‘entertaining’ isn’t perfect in this season of life, doesn’t mean we should steer away from inviting good friends over to have a good time once in awhile! The more I do it (even IF my bathrooms haven’t been cleaning in weeks), the more I realize it’s a necessity of the soul. And it doesn’t have to be complicated or planned weeks in advance.
One thing is certain, you can’t have friends over for a meal without dessert (well, and wine but that’s given). You know what pairs beautifully with a glass of crisp white wine this spring? These paleo lemon basil olive oil mini bundt cakes. Sweet little bundt cakes made with the quality taste of the #1 olive oil brand in the world, Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil. These are absolutely the quintessential ‘thank you for sharing in my chaos’ desserts that everyone that doesn’t judge your messy house will appreciate.
Mini bundt cakes for everyone! It’s like landing on Monopoly’s Community Chest square. Speaking of Monopoly, did you know you can head to Safeway or Albertson’s grocery stores right now and win all sorts of goodies when you participate in ABCO’s 2018 Monopoly program? Shoppers can win prizes based on the amount of game pieces collected – AAAAAND if you purchase any Bertolli® Olive Oil you’ll receive a bonus game piece. I wrangled up the kiddos last Sunday and picked up my free game piece at my local Albertson’s store.
Making these paleo lemon basil olive oil mini bundt cakes isn’t complicated or overly intricate, in fact, the recipe is simple and the mini bundt cakes keep well at room temperature for hours, so making these beforehand is a cinch. This spring dessert is perfectly sweetened raw honey, Meyer lemons, and the robust, full-bodied taste Non-GMO Project Verified Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Find more recipes featuring Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil here.
Paleo Lemon Basil Olive Oil Mini Bundt Cakes
Grain free and naturally sweetened, these Paleo Lemon Basil Olive Oil Mini Bundt Cakes are the perfect dessert for entertaining.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 mini bundt cakes
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 eggs + 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (roughly 2 Meyer lemons)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest (roughly 2 Meyer lemons)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then add the olive oil and honey. Beat to combine into a wet dough
- In a separate bowl, beat the whole eggs and egg white on low for 30 seconds, then increase the speed to medium-high for an additional 2 1/2 minutes
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and chopped basil to the dough. Mix by hand
- Pour in the whipped eggs and beat for a few seconds until well combined
- Grease a mini bundt pan and pour the batter into each mold, about 2/3 to the top
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, until the cake is cooked throughout
- Let the mini bundt cakes cool for 3-4 minutes, then flip the pan upside down on a cooling rack to release the cakes and let cool an additional 10 minutes
- When ready to serve, top with more fresh lemon zest and chopped basil if desired