One bite of this paleo deconstructed burger in a bowl will leave you craving more. With a simple, creamy “special sauce” you and your tastebuds will be sure to enjoy. This is a great lunch to slam at work and have everyone watch you with pure salad envy. This paleo version of a Big Mac in salad form is even the perfect fit for your neighborhood potluck, the big game on Sunday, or a simple lunch to bring to work and have everyone watch you with pure salad envy.
When I think of a Big Mac at McDonalds I think of one thing, and one thing only.
C’mon, by a show of hands, who else spent 92% of their childhood waist-deep in that colorful abyss!? I was (lovingly) thrown in that flu-filled arena, to test my immune system on a regular basis. As a tiny tot the excitement was real when we pulled up to McDonalds, ordered a Happy Meal, and then pranced to the play pen. I would soon be in and out of the ball pit, to take a chunk out of my hamburger, to only flop right back in. I, obviously, had to take advantage of every second I had in childhood Heaven.
I often think back to my parents and their ability to let me freely let me swim in the germ infested color jungle, while occasionally coming to eat.
Fast forward to now, as a mother of two busy boys that love to get dirty. First thing I do on a plane? Whip out the sanitizing wipes and scrub away. Eating out somewhere? Wipe. Coming inside after playing with worms? Wipe. Wipe. Wipe.
Moral of the story? You can still be a McParent without the stress of germ pits with this yummy paleo deconstructed burger in a bowl!
Paleo Deconstructed Burger Bowl
This paleo deconstructed burger in a bowl is the healthy version of a Big Mac in salad form, with a cleaner sauce the whole family will adore. Plus crispy romaine, juicy tomatoes and pickles, crunchy onions, and sesame seeds + ground beef you can enjoy without feeling like you need to act as sanitizer control freak with your little ones.
The best part? This is a super easy meal, with little prep time! Simply throw together all your veggies in the fridge, brown some ground beef, and viola – you’re about to delight with a delicious meal that the whole family will love!
Time Saver Meal Prep Tip
Make the special sauce beforehand, then store it when you’re ready to make this salad and even for any other meals that need a little kick of flavor!
Be sure to try these other hearty yet healthy salads that will hit the spot too. Warm Kale & Chicken Caesar Salad Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, Sweet Potato Quinoa Moroccan Salad, Rosemary Almond Crusted Chicken Salad, Thai Shrimp Salad with Almond Dressing.Print
Paleo Deconstructed Burger Bowl
All of the flavors of your favorite burger with special sauce, in a paleo compliant meal. This was paleo deconstructed burger bowl is a dish everyone will love.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tablespoon ketchup (sugar-free if possible like Tessemae’s)
- 3 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- About 8 cups romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced pickles
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced or sliced tomato
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add the ground beef and sauté
- Add the 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of the onion powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of the garlic powder and mix into the beef
- Cook the beef until everything is cooked through and slightly browned, about 8 minutes total time
- While the beef cooks, mix together special sauce. Combine the mayo, ketchup, honey, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, paprika, and the remaining salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder
- Dice the lettuce, pickles, onion and slice or dice the tomato
- To build the salad, layer equal quantities of lettuce, beef, special sauce, pickles, onion and tomatoes evenly between 4 bowls. Top with sesame seeds and serve
This is an excellent meal prep meal. Cook the beef, mix together the special sauce and chop the veggies ahead of time. Build each burger bowl as needed.
Recipe inspiration by Physical Kitchness. Created and photographed by Miss Allie’s Kitchen.