I’m pretty convinced when I get to the pearly gates someday, there will be endless treats made with chocolate and mango. It’s a combo made for heaven, and now here on earth. These no bake paleo chocolate mango bars are a chilled treat with simple, healthy ingredients everyone will love!
This is a very old recipe I’ve finally revised a bit (specifically replacing embarrassingly ugly photos when I first stated this site with presentable ones that don’t make me cringe). Basically an oldie but goodie I knew I had to republish because the world just needs more no bake treats.
We’d all get along so much better if these paleo mango bars with a sweet chocolate center were readily available for peacekeeping missions and high-stakes negotiations. Don’t you agree?
Making the grain-free nut-base and dairy-free mango cream
The nutty base is the foundation that keeps these healthy treats together and as easy as pulse and press into a pan. Then all ya gotta do is top with a sweet mixture of fresh mango, coconut milk, and a ‘lil honey to enhance the flavor a bit. Swoon, I want to hug a stranger just thinking about these.
I gotta admit, the chocolate isn’t mandatory but who WOULDN’T want to add chocolate with a creamy mango custard top? Unless you’re like super cranky or clinically insane, I would say yes to the chocolate. All day, every day. Non-negotiable in my eyes. Just look at this photo below and I dare you to tell me you don’t agree.
(Sorry, I get a little combative when it comes to melty chocolate)…
Chill to set
Then add that creamy mango puree and chill. These bars are perfect any time of year, but I love them as the temps start to rise and chilled, no-bake desserts are all the rage.
Make sure you slice and ’em cold. If the mango center starts to get warm, it will run. So get your chompers prepped and devour straight from the freezer.
You can use whatever kind of chocolate you prefer. If you aren’t following strict paleo guidelines, try a high quality dark chocolate! Or use these dairy-free Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips to make these a 100% dairy-free (and vegan) dessert.
No mango? No problem. You could sub the mango for other pureed fruit with a similar consistency like peaches!
Other no-bake desserts to try!
If you love simple, no bake recipes like this, you’ll also love this 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Pie, Paleo & Vegan Chocolate Chip Cheesecake, Healthy Granola Cookie Dough Bars, Paleo Key Lime Pie Energy Balls, or this Paleo Unicorn FudgePrint
No Bake Paleo Chocolate Mango Bars
Healthy, no bake paleo chocolate mango bars with a grain free base and creamy dairy free custard. A chilled dessert made with just a few simple ingredients!
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 8 medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips (or high quality dark chocolate)
- 1 extra large mango
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons raw honey, melted
- Pulse almonds, pecans, dates, and melted coconut oil in a food processor until well combined – enough to stick
- Transfer the mixture into a parchment-lined 8×8 baking dish and gently press well until evenly distributed in the bottom of the dish
- Next, pulse the mango chunks, coconut milk, and honey until creamy and well combined. Set aside
- Add the chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 12-second intervals (stirring in between each interval) until chocolate has melted. Pour the chocolate over top of the nut-base and spread evenly, then transfer to a freezer to chill
- Once the chocolate has hardened (this should take about 5-10 minutes), pour the mango puree over top of the chocolate layer and evenly distribute. Transfer the pan back into the freezer for at least one hour
- When ready to serve, remove from the pan by lifting the parchment paper and placing on a cutting board. Allow bars to warm a bit at room temperature just enough to the mango puree can be cut (not rock solid). Cut into bars swiftly, to avoid the chocolate layer from cracking too much, then serve immediately or transfer back to the freezer for later
Disclaimer: Please note that there may be some affiliate links on this page and I will earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. However, all opinions are my own. Thank you for your support.