Mexican Hot Chocolate Almonds
- 2 cups almonds
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1.75 oz dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder + 1 tablespoon for dusting
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (less or more depending on how much heat you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat coconut oil in a medium saucepan or cast iron skillet on low.
- Once oil is melted, add the dark chocolate and stir frequently, being careful not to burn.
- Add the almonds and stir to coat evenly.
- In a paper grocery bag, combine the cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne, and salt.
- Once all the almonds are coated with the dark chocolate, use a large spoon to scoop the almonds from the skillet into the grocery bag.
- Fold the top of the bag a few times until sealed well, using your hands to secure the top. Then vigorously shake the bag for 30 seconds to one minute.
- Pour the almonds on to a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cocoa powder on the almonds and shake the baking sheet to evenly dust all the almonds.
- Let cool then store in an airtight glass jar.