There’s nothing like the firs sip of a light and refreshing cocktail (especially in the hot summer months). And what could be better than a roundup of low calorie low sugar cocktails that hit the spot but aren’t overly sweet or loaded with extra cals?!
I admit I’m not a huge hard liquor gal. Give me kids in bed early and a nice glass of wine and I’m a happy camper.
However, sometimes duty calls (by duty I mean vodka, tequila or rum). And when the temps start to warm up there’s just something about a cool cocktail that makes me want to dance to Bruno Mars in my yard, sprinklers goin’, kids laughing, and mom chillin the heck out.
Can I get an amen?!
Low Calorie Low Sugar Cocktails
But cocktails don’t have to be loaded with a ton of calories and packed with sugar to be delicious – this I promise you! One of my secrets to making low calorie low sugar cocktails is using sparkling water and just a splash of fruit juice or citrus. It’s really all you need and I’ll show ya how!
Lemon Ginger Vodka Seltzer
By far the easiest cocktail of them all. I love this lemon and ginger juice seltzer water from Trader Joes because it’s packed with flavor! No TJ’s? No problem. Try using lemon seltzer water and muddle some fresh ginger right in there.Print
Lemon Ginger Vodka Seltzer: Low Sugar Low Calorie Cocktails
A light and refreshing vodka seltzer with hints of lemon, lime, and ginger. Only 3 simple ingredients. Low calorie and zero sugar!
- 1 can Trader Joe’s Lemon and Ginger Juice Seltzer Water (or product similar)
- 2 ounces cucumber lime flavored vodka
- Add all ingredients together and stir well!
This is the ultimate twist on a margarita. I love the fizzinesss of this ‘kombucharita‘ and the added benefits of probiotics! Use whatever kombucha is your fav!Print
Kombucha Margarita: Low Sugar Low Calorie Cocktails
A fizzy and light margarita recipe with less sugar than the original. Just 4 simple ingredients.
- 2 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup (optional)
- 4 ounce ginger kombucha (or kombucha flavor of choice)
- Combine the tequila, lime juice and agave into a shaker with ice. Shake well
- Pour in the kombucha and stir well
- Pour into a glass with ice and serve
Cranberry Pineapple Rum Cocktail
The pineapple juice gives this rum cocktail a perfect twist of tropical. Use plain seltzer water or your favorite bubbly of choice.
Cranberry Pineapple Rum Cocktail: Low Sugar Low Calorie Cocktails
A rum cocktail with a tropical twist. Low sugar and easy to make at home! Just 4 simple ingredients.
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 2 ounes cranberry juice
- 1.5–2 ounces rum
- 1 cup sparkling water (flavored or unflavored)
- Combine all ingredients and enjoy!
Skinny Grapefruit Moscow Mule
If you haven’t tried grapefruit juice in your mule, you’re missing out. The citrus gives it that extra flavor without overpowering the ginger beer. *Tip: find a low sugar ginger beer for this recipe.Print
Skinny Grapefruit Moscow Mule: Low Sugar Low Calorie Cocktails
Low sugar and low calorie skinny moscow mule made with fresh grapefruit juice.
- 1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup sparkling/carbonated water
- 1/4 cup ginger beer
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Combine all ingredients and pour over ice
- Garnish with more fresh grapefruit or lime
Jalapeño Pineapple Vodka Seltzer
A cocktail with a kick! Try a sweet and spicy vodka drink and save any infused jalapeño vodka in the fridge (or freezer) all summer long!Print
Jalapeño Pineapple Vodka Seltzer: Low Sugar Low Calorie Cocktails
A skinny, slightly sweet, spicy vodka cocktail with 4 simple ingredients.
Jalapeno Infused Vodka
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 diced jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1 shot jalapeño vodka (1 – 1.5 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 6 ounces lime or pineapple flavored sparkling water
- Pour the vodka into a glass jar and add the sliced jalapeño. Seal the top with a cover or lid and let sit overnight to infuse
- When ready to assemble the cocktail, combine one shot of the jalapeño infused vodka with 2 tablespoons pineapple juice and 6 ounces sparkling water flavor of choice (lime or pineapple works best)
- Add ice and pineapple tidbits if desired
Vodka can be stored in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator or freezer
So there ya have it. The best list of low calorie low sugar cocktails on the internet. Try these simple cocktail recipes without blowing all your good intentions.
And be sure to check out these posts to help you make simple healthy living swaps to your life!