Snack + dessert – this cool treat just knocked both categories out of the park. These healthy granola cookie dough bars are the perfect combo of crunchy and creamy, but sweetened naturally with all ‘good-for-you’, natural ingredients. SO easy to make and even easier to eat.
I can be kind of a nag. I can be kind of a control freak. Those two personality traits combined mean I’m pretty much the wife of my husband’s dreams (SARCASM). I can’t help it, I just can’t stop being in control of like, everything.
I got a little taste of what he goes through when I posted a sneak peak of these healthy granola cookie dough bars on Instagram. You guys were like ALL over me from that point on.
Messages after messages poured in, “WHEN ARE YOU POSTING THOSE COOKIE DOUGH BARS!?!?” “I NEED THAT RECIPE NOW” “BARS.WANT.HURRY”
I love you all something fierce, but your persistence on Instagram is relentless. When you want a dessert recipe, nothing must stand in your way. I can’t truly blame you though – I’m the same way about how my underwear is folded, ALL dishes (clean or dirty) must be off the countertops, the pantry arranged in a specific order, and all the details of the week recorded on the fridge calendar. Things need be done in a timely and certain way.
But dessert is a whole other beast. It’s important. I do understand, I do.
Especially a dessert of epic portions like a honey granola top with almonds, cashews, and coconut. Especially a dessert with a healthy cookie dough base complete with mini chocolate chips. Especially these no bake healthy granola cookie dough bars.
I wasn’t planning on posting these healthy granola cookie dough bars for a few more weeks but the
demands questions kept pouring in about these beautiful treats. And I have to admit, rearranging my set-in-stone, highly organized editorial calendar wasn’t easy for me, but I did it for you. I do it all for you…
So here they are in all their glory. A decadent cookie dough base made of chickpeas and almond butter, topped with a simple honey granola nut mixture and frozen to perfect. Yep, these bars must be served cold. And they taste SO amazing as a cool summer treat – seriously favorite.
Just make them. I’m certain you won’t regret it. Plus throwing a bunch of stuff in a food processor then layering is an epically easy way to make an epically delicious treat. I couldn’t not love these healthy granola cookie dough bars more if I tried.
Feeling adventures? You can also flip these and the granola layer the bottom layer too!Print
Healthy Granola Cookie Dough Bars
A crunchy cookie dough treat that’s actually good for you! These healthy granola cookie dough bars and a cool treat with decadent flavor, but naturally sweetened and made with real food ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 bars
Cookie Dough Base
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate or cacao chips
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup honey
- Drain the can of chickpeas and rinse with water
- Combine the chickpeas, almond butter, pure maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a food processor and process until creamy
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips
- Line the bottom of an 8×8″ baking dish with parchment paper, then evenly spread the cookie dough mixture in the bottom of pan. Transfer the dish to the freezer and chill for 10 minutes
- Add the cashews, almonds, coconut flakes and honey to the (clean) food processor. Pulse a few times to break down the nuts, being careful not to over process
- Once the cookie dough is chilled and set, remove from the freezer and add the nut mixture over the top, quickly spreading evenly
- Press down slightly to pack the granola over the top of the cookie dough a bit, then transfer back to the freezer
- Freeze for at least 1 hour
- When ready to serve, remove the entire granola/cookie dough from the pan (using a knife to gently pull the sides away from the pan) and cut into narrow bars, roughly 4″x2″
- Serve immediately or return to the freezer to serve later. Bars must be served cold in order for them to stay together
These bars must be served cold and kept in the freezer