What says comfort food better than a rich bowl of soup? Especially this healing breakfast soup perfect for sick days, or just a simple immunity booster! This paleo and Whole30 compliant meal is packed with vitamins and minerals, and will warm your soul.
Rise and shine! It’s going to be a beautiful daaaaaay!
Except when you wake up with a stuffy nose, scratchy throat, throbbing head, and achy joints.
Hello cold and flu season, how we’ve missed you so!
A ancient prophecy once said, “Moms don’t get sick days”. Oh how wise, oh how true. You can’t call your mom to bring you chicken noodle soup and turn on Full House…*spoiler alert – because YOU’RE the mom now.
So whatdya do when your feeling crappier than Bob Saget trying to get follow-up acting gigs after Danny Tanner? You make yourself a nice warm bowl of this breakfast healing soup, put on your big girl panties, and try to survive the day plopping your kiddos in front of as many Disney Channel shows as possible.
Don’t worry, this recipe doesn’t involve like a million steps, four kitchen appliances, and more than ten minutes of your time. It’s simple, delicious, anti-inflammatory, packed with vitamins and minerals, and just plain good for your soul.
And can we just talk about these Eggland’s Best eggs in that warm bowl of comfort for added flavor, texture, and creaminess? It’s literally heaven.
Plus added nutrition with more than double the omega-3’s of ordinary eggs, Eggland’s Best eggs in this healing breakfast soup can help improve immune defenses. Be gone sickness, be gone!
This healing breakfast soup can be served any time of day, and is also paleo and Whole30 compliant. Just a few simple ingredients, some brilliantly soft boiled eggs, and a big fuzzy blanket is all you need to make you feel like a million bucks (even if you don’t look it….or haven’t showered in a few days). No judgement here my friend.
Love soup as much as I do? Check out these other healthy soup recipes to make on cold winter days! Whole30 Zoodle Minestrone Soup, Parsnip Leek Butternut Squash Soup, or this Whole30 Creamy Mushroom Soup.Print
Healing Breakfast Soup (paleo + whole30)
This paleo + Whole30 compliant healing soup is packed with vitamins, minerals, and anti-inflammatory spices. Complete with soft boiled eggs for comfort in a bowl!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 2 teaspoons full-fat coconut milk (or coconut cream typically found at the top of the can)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of cayenne *optional
- 2 Eggland’s Best eggs
- Heat broth, coconut milk, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, and cayenne over medium-high heat until you reach a simmer. Whisk well to incorporate all the spices. Turn heat to low as you make the soft boiled eggs
- Fill a small pot with water and bring to a boil. Gently submerge two eggs into the boiling water for 5 minutes for extra runny yolks, 6 minutes for slightly gummier yolks. *note, adding a dash of baking soda to the water will help the eggs peel easier
- Remove the eggs from the boiling water and submerge into cold water. Gently peel each egg, then cut in half and place into the soup, yolk side up
- Garnish with fresh chives if desired
Leave a Reply