It’s been one of those gloomy ‘Murphy’s Law’ type of days. Burned coffee, grey overcast, teething toddler, doggy-potty accident, and countless days since I last washed my hair (don’t judge me, I use dry shampoo so it’s ok).
I just felt like my spirit needed something – a little decadence. And since I can’t command the sun to come out or call the Cheesecake Factory to deliver, I figured when life gives you lemons, make guilt-free raw lemon strawberry cheesecake.
Forget the cheese and sugar. This cheesecake has none of that! Just because I need a sweet treat to lift my empty hole of a soul right now doesn’t mean I need to completely sabotage my healthy eating habits. I’ll call my friends Ben & Jerry when I need that.
These individually served dairy-free cheesecake desserts are made in those cute little ramekin bowls you got as a wedding gift but haven’t used yet…So even if you WANTED to dive your entire face in this sweet goodness for an hour without looking up or taking a break to breathe (what? Don’t act like you haven’t done this too), these portion-controlled servings keep you in check. Unless you quadruple the recipe and devour them all. If that’s the case then I think you have a ramekin hoarding problem and a cheesecake addiction. I’d seek therapy if I were you.
You’ll never believe these guilt-free raw lemon strawberry cheesecake desserts are made with all-natural ingredients – cashews, pecans, coconut oil, coconut milk, lemon, strawberries, raw honey, and one date is all it takes to make an amazing, paleo and vegan dessert. The crumbly cust is topped with a sweet, creamy lemon cashew “cheese,” finished with a tart strawberry spread.
If making a raw, uber healthy dessert intimidates you, I’m here to tell you that you CAN make this and it’s NOT hard and you WILL thank me later. Do it.
“Oh I wish I hadn’t kicked butt at making that healthy, delicious cheesecake treat,” said NO ONE EVER.
You got this. And here’s how to do it.
To start, combine 1/2 cup pecans, one teaspoon melted coconut oil, and one date in a mini chopper or small food processor. Pulse until well combined. Divide the mixture in half and press into two ramekins to create the bottom crust.
Next, drain 1/2 cup cashews that have been soaked in water overnight and place in a food processor or blender. Add 1/2 teaspoon raw honey, one tablespoon coconut milk, and the juice of one lemon. Pulse until the mixture becomes a very thick cream.
To make the strawberry topping, thaw 3/4 cup frozen strawberries (about 10-12 small berries). Once thawed, place in blender or food processor with 1/2 teaspoon raw honey and the arrowroot powder/water mixture (you can use cornstarch if you do not have access to arrowroot powder). Blend until well combined and pour over the chilled cashew mixture.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving or keep chilled in the refrigerator for a few days.
I love eating a creamy cheesecake straight from the ramekin dish, with the topping teasing me by dripping down the side of every bite. But if you prefer your cheesecake firmer and want it plated for presentation, I suggest lining the ramekin dish with parchment paper and placing it in the freezer for an hour (or more) to solidify the cream. When you are ready to eat, take the ramekin out of the freezer and thaw for approximately five minutes, or until the strawberry topping is soft enough to get a fork through it.
I did it both ways, because when a dessert is this easy to make and guilt-free, why not?
Hey look, my nails are painted! The NEVER happens. And yeah, I did it myself. Cause I’m cheap.
Are your taste buds screaming for a little decadence? Bad day or good, there’s no way you won’t close your eyes and smile after tasting this.
What is your favorite ‘treat’ when you need a pick-me-up?Print
Guilt-Free Raw Lemon Strawberry Cheesecake
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 date
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 tbsp coconut milk (the thick cream at the top of the can)
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries, thawed (about 10–12 small berries)
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey
- Soak 1/2 cup cashews in water overnight
- Combine pecans, melted coconut oil, and the date in a mini chopper or small food processor. Pulse until well combined
- Divide the mixture in half and press into two ramekins to create the bottom crust
- Drain the soaked cashews and place in a food processor or blender
- Add raw honey, coconut milk, and lemon juice
- Pulse until well until the mixture becomes a very thick cream then spoon the mixture into the ramekins
- Place in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes
- Thaw the frozen strawberries
- Combine arrowroot powder and water. You can use cornstarch if you do not have access to arrowroot powder
- Place the strawberries, raw honey, and arrowroot powder/water mix into a blender or food processor Blend until well combined and pour over the chilled cashew mixture
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving or keep in the refrigerate a few days
- *Optional – for a more solidified cheesecake, place in the freezer for one hour. Thaw slightly to soften strawberry topping before serving