Goldilocks would have lost her mind with one spoonful of this grain free gingerbread porridge. It’s juuuuust right and absolutely delicious on a cold, winter morning. Simple ingredients with the festive holiday flavor of gingerbread makes this healthy paleo breakfast a family favorite.
Sometimes I crave a warm bowl of comfort when I wake up. And this mommy needs some comfort when cries erupt at 5:40am, launching me off of my pillow like a bed-headed morning cheetah. Oatmeal is great and all, but what about something even tastier? Without grains.
This grain free gingerbread porridge is the perfect solution – made with ground flaxseeds, pecans, and Vital Proteins collagen peptides. Which means this power bowl of healthy fat, protein, and collagen keeps me full ALL MORNING LONG – exactly what I need to keep powering through the 10:45am meltdowns from two already tired little ones.
What’s the texture like, you ask? VERY similar to traditional porridge. The nuts and flaxseeds are ground, and combined with your choice of milk, making a perfectly ‘porridge-like’ breakfast you can’t not love. And for busy mornings, make this grain free gingerbread porridge the night before, then simply add a little extra milk when reheating the next day.
Adding Vital Proteins collagen peptides to the mix just adds another level of amazingness. I always, ALWAYS start my mornings strong with a scoop or two of either the marine collagen or grass-fed beef collagen peptides, and I swear it’s made such a difference with my hair and skin. Read more about why I take collagen with this post I published earlier this year. Read it HERE. Collagen gives this bowl of spiced decadence a little extra punch of protein, and it disintegrates like magic in this grain free porridge. No weird clumps, no funky texture issues!
Every bowl is customizable for the chocolate chip-loving, raisin-eating, dried-fruit-feasting, coconut-obsessed morning. Gingerbread is just the start of it my friends. And you know what toppings mean? It means kids are big fans too. Heck, don’t even omit the idea of adding sprinkles for the pickiest eater. #yougottadowhatyougottado
Give yourself a treat during the chilly holiday season and make a big, comforting bowl of this grain free gingerbread porridge.
Interested in all the items Vital Proteins offers? Click HERE to access their website, or as I call it, the vault of goodies. They have everything from collagen peptides, powdered bone broth, grass-fed whey protein, beauty water, and coffee creamer.Print
Grain Free Gingerbread Porridge (paleo)
- Yield: 1
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/3-1/2 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Grind the pecans in a small food processor or coffee grinder until you reach the consistency of a flour, leaving a smaller bits of pecans if desired (gives the porridge a slight texture variance)
- Remove the pecans and add the flaxseeds. Grind until fine
- Combine the ground pecans, flax seeds, and spices in a bowl
- Heat the almond milk over stovetop or in the microwave. Combine the molasses and maple with the warm milk
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well-combined. Add more milk if the porridge is too dry and mix in the scoop of collagen
- Add any toppings if desired
Disclaimer: Please note that there are affiliate links on this page and I will earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. However, all opinions are my own. Thank you for your support.