Who could resist these flourless fudgy brownies with white chocolate chips?! A gluten free and nut free dessert with a few healthier ingredients, but same rich decadence of ‘traditional’ brownies. And option to make ’em dairy free too!
Well I intended to save this recipe for the holidays.
In fact, I dabbled at adding crushed peppermint to the tops (I live life on the edge).
But I stopped….
Because these flourless fudgy brownies with white chocolate chips shouldn’t be stuck in the ‘holiday baking’ box.
I believe deep in my soul, brownies should be enjoyed year round. I believe people should make this recipe now, and in December. I believe white chocolate chips bring people together.
I also believe YOU hold the power of your brownie destiny – so if you want to make these more ‘holiday’, then get down with your bad self and add all the peppermint extract and crushed candy canes your heart desires.
I will never put you in a box, nor will I do that to these flourless fudgy brownies with white chocolate chips.
But it gets better…
How to make brownies with healthier ingredients
This healthier treat is flourless, naturally sweetened, gluten free and can be adapted to make dairy free too.
And they have one sneaky little ingredient that makes these more ‘healthy brownie’ category without anyone knowing.
Making these is a cinch. Just combine the sneaky ingredient (spoiler alert: a can of chickpeas!), with all the other simple ingredients, then blend or process until creamy.
THEN, you gotta go beyond. Just trust me on this and add the chocolate chips.
Blend or process again until chocolate chips are broken down slightly then add in the star ingredient, white chocolate chips (duh).
Pour the batter into an 8×8 brownie pan and try not to put on holiday music as your house is filled with the rich aroma of chocolate and love.
Let fully cool and cut into bars to serve.
Dairy Free Options
Ya can’t go wrong with a gluten free brownie, nut free brownie perfect for allergy-mommies and chocolate lovers alike. *You can find all sorts of dairy free chocolate chip varieties by visiting this post from GoDairyFree.com
Flourless Fudgy Brownies with White Chocolate Chips
A gluten free, nut free, and optional dairy free brownie recipe brushing with rich chocolate flavor. Naturally sweetened and easy to whip up in just minutes!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 16 brownies 1x
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dairy free if desired)
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips (dairy free if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips into a blender or food process, and blend until creamy
- Add the chocolate chips, then blend or pulse for 15-20 seconds until chips are broken down slightly
- Fold in the white chocolate chips, reserving a small handful for the top
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and pour batter into the pan. Top with more white chocolate chips
- Bake for 25 minutes, then let cool fully in the pan
- Once brownies are fully cooled, remove from the pan and cut into bars.
*Optional: add a few drops of peppermint extract to the batter and crushed candy canes on to to make these Christmas brownies!