Made with simple ingredients, these paleo chocolate dipped almond butter cookies are the easiest and cleanest cookie recipe to devour during the holidays. A sweet, rich, chewy treat you don’t have to feel guilty about! The perfect grain free, dairy free holiday cookie!
I have a confession and I have decided I must come clean about it after all these years.
Decades – I mean a handful of years – have gone by and I finally feel the need to admit my transgression. I merely ask for a judgement free zone. (Heavy breathing, followed by a deep breath).
One time I took one bite out of every. single. cookie….in the cookie jar.
In my defense, all pre Physical Kitchness Chrissa wanted, (at age 5), was one cookie. Just one measly cookie., But I was quickly shot down by my dad who told me I couldn’t have a cookie before dinner that night. So what is an eager, ravishing little girl to do?
Answer: Take a bite out of every cookie, so technically you don’t eat an entire cookie, just a few nibbles.
GENIUS. My dad won’t even notice.
So, there I was, arm deep in the cookie jar, happily chomping on every cookie. After successfully taking a chunk from every sweet treat, I sneakily put the jar back and trotted my sugar-high booty up to my room.
Fast forward 30 minutes, my high was quickly terminated when that brilliantly clever adolescent heard her dad yell to “get over here!”. Transcending down the stairs, sweaty palms and all, I faced my soon-to-be accuser. When asked who took a bite from the cookies I did what any intelligent 5 year old would do – blame it on mom. Maybe she wanted a quick app before dinner? How was I to know!?
Indeed, my little genius of a self was punished, for not only gnawin’ on some cookies but also for lying.
Chocolate Dipped Almond Butter Cookies
There you have it, I confessed my cookie crime. My only hope in revealing this story is that you eat the entire chocolate dipped almond butter cookie. Don’t risk the consequences. This is your warning.
Coming from a true cookie connoisseur, these are the easiest and one of the best holiday cookies I’ve ever had (and they’re paleo too) With simple, clean ingredients and super easy steps to make, there’s no excuse to NOT make these chocolate dipped almond butter cookies. The chewy texture, mixed with sweet chocolate will leave you arm-deep in the cookie jar!
Check out the recipe below for some additional ideas to jazz up this simple, 5-ingredient recipe.
Chocolate Dipped Almond Butter Cookies (paleo)
Grain free, dairy free cookies with simple ingredients and big, delicious flavor. This almond butter cookie recipe is the BEST paleo dessert! And only five ingredients!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- 3/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips or 100% dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the almond butter, egg, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. Mix well until well-combined
- Scoop a large spoonful of the batter and roll into a ball. Place the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Using your hands or the bottom of a glass, gently press the balls down to form a cookie. Do not press the balls too thin. If using a glass to flatten, dust the bottom with coconut sugar to ensure the dough doesn’t stick
- Bake for 10-12 minutes then remove from the oven
- Let cool on the baking sheet for another minute or two, before transferring to a cooling rack
- Once cookies are fully cooled, pour the chocolate in a microwave-safe dish
- Microwave for 10-15 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted
- Gently dunk each cookie in the melted chocolate and place on parchment paper to cool. Sprinkle salt on top of the chocolate if desired. Cool then serve. Keep at room temperature or in the refrigerator
Customize the cookies by adding chai spices to the batter
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 3 teaspoons ginger
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
Or add a drop of peppermint oil to the chocolate!