What happens when you combine a tired mom solo parenting all weekend, with a teething baby, rule-testing toddler, and an overwhelmingly messy house. Grey hair? Tears? Emotionally-driven texts? Countdowns until bedtime? Well yes, all of that. But more importantly, you get lots of paleo toasted coconut coffee bread shoved in your mouth.
Caffeine takes on a whole new meaning when you become a mom. If I could inject that stuff in my veins, I very likely would. But instead, I add it to anything and everything I consume. Case and point – bread.
I already adore my paleo almond cocoa mocha energy bites, but it was due time for another coffee creation. Did I make this yummy breakfast/dessert bread in the midst of the weekend chaos? Ummm haaaall no! You crazy?! I whipped this beauty up during the week, but thank grrrrawd I did, because it was much, MUCH needed when I least expected it.
“Who bakes during the work week?” you ask. Well, no one. Correction – moms who totally have it together and rock at everything Pinterest and mommying bake during the week. But that’s not me. I made this beauty during the work week to enter in a fun ‘lil contest – and I’d love your vote!
Kohnana Coffee is giving away $1,000 to the winner of their recipe contest using any of their cold brew products. So I thought, “Hmmm I mean, I could use a thousand bucks.
The kids need new clothes, swimming lessons, preschool costs, etc. This mom hasn’t bought new clothes in years, could use a massage, is dreaming of hiring a cleaning lady, and would love to go on a date night.” Hmmm, PRIORITIES.
So should you vote for me out of pity, or because you actually think this recipe is deserving? Honestly, I’ll take either. No shame.
To vote: click here to vote for this paleo toasted coconut coffee bread! It’s super easy (you don’t have to create and account or submit any personal information – yay!)
You guys are the best. Oh, and just FYI, we survived the weekend thanks to lots of Thomas the Train, frozen teething rings, and making Instagram stories as my personal therapy.
And because caffeine and chocolate is sort of the perfect pairing, you won’t want to make this without that decadent chocolate spread!
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon cold brew coffee
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 3 teaspoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons cold brew coffee
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 1½ teaspoon nut butter of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, shredded coconut, baking powder, and baking soda
- In a separate bowl, combine the cold brew, melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, and eggs. Pour into the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix well to combine
- Pour the combined mixture into a greased loaf pan, place into the oven, and set timer for 40 minutes.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt the ½ teaspoon coconut oil and add the coconut sugar. Once the 40 minutes are up, take the bread out of the oven and top with the crumbled coconut oil/sugar mixture and 3 teaspoons shredded coconut. Place back into the oven an additional 5 minutes, or until the center is set.
- To make the chocolate spread, combine the chocolate chips, cold brew, coconut oil, and nut butter into a microwave-safe dish. Microwave in 10 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate has fully melted. Let cool slightly and spread over each slice of bread.