This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #ThinSlicedChicken
I have this conflicting theme in my head that pops up twice a year. Do I love fall/winter the most, or spring/summer? This may come as a shocker, but most of my debate lies within seasonal eats. I mean, knee high boots or wedge sandals is definitely a toss up, but how on earth do you choose between pot roasts and pumpkin lattes versus burgers and margaritas? The pressure is too much. Luckily with this herby 30 minute chicken and brussels sprouts bake, you can have all the fresh taste of summer in a warm and easy dinner just like the fall.
You know when you step outside and it’s just a tad too cold for short sleeves, but warm enough for flip flops? Or when you come home from a busy day and it’s too dreary to throw something on the grill, but too time consuming to whip up something warm and comforting from scratch?
Take a deep breath. There are more important things to stress about. Like light pink or hot pink toenail polish, team Edward or team Jacob, milk chocolate or dark chocolate.
This herby 30 minute chicken and brussels sprouts bake will NOT stress you out, it will only delight your tastebuds and find a perfect spot in your belly. Aaaaaaand you’ll feel good about this paleo, Whole30 compliant, healthy meal. Made with Tyson® Individually Frozen Chicken Breasts, brussels sprouts, paleo mayo, and a bunch of herby goodness, it will become the perfect 30-minute meal you can make over and over again.
Spoiler alert: NO THAWING NECESSARY! Ah ha! Another stressor out the window. Yes, a one pot chicken bake, under 30 minutes, with virtually no extra steps involved. And with 21 grams of protein, no added hormones or steroids, and easy to find at your local Walmart, frozen chicken just got a whole lot easier (and tastier) with Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
If you love the rich taste of ranch dressing on fresh veggies, you’ll love this. Paleo mayo, mixed with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and dried dill, combined with sautéed shredded brussels sprouts, green onions, and fresh basil is a dinner time chicken game changer. Easy, one-pot meals that are not only healthy, but tasty are a no-brainer!
To start, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. and wash one pound of brussels sprouts, then pat dry. Using a sharp knife, cut each brussels sprout into small strips in order to get a large pan of shredded sprouts.
Once all the brussels sprouts are in the pan, add one tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium for 4-6 minutes, or until the sprouts have softened slightly. Take the pan off the stovetop then add two tablespoons paleo mayo (recipe found here), garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and dried dill. Chop 3 green onions and add to the pan. Next, grab two Tyson® Individually Frozen Chicken Breasts out of the freezer and place directly into the pan with the brussels sprouts mixture. Top with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and drizzle one additional tablespoon of olive oil over the top.
Place into the oven (uncovered) and bake for 20-25 minutes, until chicken is cooked throughout. When ready to serve, top with fresh shredded basil and 1-2 more chopped green onions.
Time Saver Tip
Slice the brussels sprouts and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to sauté. Also make the paleo mayo beforehand and store in a glass mason jar in the refrigerator.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons paleo mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- 3 green onions
- 2 Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon fresh diced basil
- 1-2 additional green onions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Wash brussels sprouts and pat dry. Using a sharp knife, cut each brussels sprout into small strips in order to get a large pan of shredded sprouts
- Once all the brussels sprouts are in the pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium for 4-6 minutes, or until the sprouts have softened slightly
- Take the pan off the stovetop then add 2 tablespoons paleo mayo, garlic powder, onion powder, ½ tsp salt, and dried dill. Then add 3 chopped green onions. Mix well
- Place chicken breasts into the pan with the brussels sprouts mixture
- Top with ½ teaspoon of salt and drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the top
- Place into the oven (uncovered) and bake for 20-25 minutes, until chicken is cooked throughout
- When ready to serve, top with fresh shredded basil and 1-2 more chopped green onions